As a Front End Engineer, you will participate in the design, development and maintenance of our client’s online commerce solutions. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives on new challenges and has the ability to successfully apply past experience to master new technology. The candidate should have client facing and team lead experience. Good communication skills and a team player attitude are also a must.
You Must possess
- Understanding of best practices and current state of web development with HTML5 and CSS3
- Excellent knowledge of MVC frameworks and templating languages
- Good knowledge of at least one Java Front-end framework like Spring MVC, JSF, Struts or similar
- Ability to estimate work efforts for web related projects
- Work closely with project management and the client to define milestones and deliverables
- Understanding of UX processes and ability to read and review wireframes from 3rd parties, bridging the gap between designers and developers
- Quality oriented and able to set and enforce high standard in a team
- Ability to lead a team of Front-end Engineers
- E-Commerce know-how
- Experience with client-side MVC frameworks such as Backbone.js, Ember.js or Angular.js
- Mobile web development
- Responsive Web Design
- Experience integrating third-party APIs (Web Analytics, Social Networks, Customer Reviews, etc.) a big plus
- University degree in computer science or comparable education
- Between 3 and 5 years of job experience
- Great communication skills and not afraid to talk in front of clients
- Ability to defend own point of view and push towards great solutions for our clients
- Has a solution oriented approach to get things done
- Strong work ethic and a collaborative can-do attitude
About our company
arvato Systems North America is a globally active IT service provider with over 30 years of experience and we have accumulated an extraordinary level of IT expertise across industries, technologies and countries. arvato has a unique experience in implementing, managing and enhancing eCommerce technology, having played an important role in this space since the emergence of the internet.
Well-recognized brands such as Proctor and Gamble, Reebok, Adidas, Benefit, L’Oréal, Estée Lauder, Dior, TaylorMade, AshworthGolf, and many more trust in our services and expertise. We always have one goal in mind: the development of first-class, future-proof solutions for our clients. Thanks to globally networked offices in Asia, Europe, and the Americas, we offer customers complete support, regardless of where they are located.